HEN’S PARTY MENU
FUN COOKING WORKSHOP
SPICY CHICKEN SALAD IN WONTON
HALUMI PARCELS SERVED W/ BABA GANUSH
MUSHROOM + FETTA CHEESE PUFF PASTRY TARTLET
SPRING ROSTI WITH HERBED BARRAMUNDI+ SPOON SALAD
*One off selected recipe- Try this fun easy recipe at your next dinner party
5-10 sheets of filo pastry cut in a half to form a square
200gr Haloumi cheese
2 Medium sized ripe tomato
¼ mint leaves
2/3 garlic clove [depending how strong you would like the flavour]
Salt + pepper
90ml oil OR 90 gr melted butter.
1. Cover the pastry sheet with damped cloth
2. Dice the haloumi into small strips
3. Dice the tomatoes and let it rest in a sieve to release the liquid for 2 minutes
4. In a Mortal and pestle pound the garlic, mint leaves, pinch of salt + pepper to a paste.
5. Add the paste to the tomatoes + haloumi and mix well.
6. Take out a half-filo sheet each time and brush with oil/ melted butter
7. Place 1tbs of the filling [1 cm in from the base and side of the strip, fold the end of the filo over the filling, fold in the sides and roll to the end of the strip tightly to form a cigar shaped parcel.
Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients
8. Grease a large non-stick pan and cook the parcels over medium heat until the undersides are golden brown, then flip over to cook the other side.
Serve warm with Baba ganush