Event Catering Open Table Byron Bay- Recipe for Chef Ronit Robbaz’s Fermented Buckwheat Pancakes! Vegan, gluten, dairy & sugar FREE!
- 3 cups raw organic buckwheat
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 600ml raw coconut milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbs sea salt
Soak buckwheat for 24-36 hrs in filtered water immersing all buckwheat, make sure to change water every six hrs. (This process ferments the buckwheat)
Soak chia seeds in 2 cups of filtered water for approximately 6 hrs, or until majority of water is absorbed.
After soaking wash and drain buckwheat thoroughly.
Mix buckwheat and chia seeds together in a large bowl add the coconut milk, water and sea salt, mix together with a food processor until ingredients are coarsely blended. If pancake batter is still clumpy add a little more water and whisk, pancake batter should end up similar to regular pancake mix.
Cook on a non-stick pan using coconut butter, cook for 3-4 minutes either side.
- Can be stored in a fridge for 3-4 days
- Add your own personal spices for more flavor
- Add your choice of fruit to the mix to make a delicious sweet pancake
- As a savory option (of which i prefer) serve with a selection of dips and salads.
- Goes perfectly with fermented vegetables